Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This makes me feel better

So I am a bit discouraged because apparently I have no quilting talent.

After a bit of a break I've attempted a return to quilting.  It's not going so well... but that's to be expected.  I don't know why I expect myself to be an expert when I'm still in the baby stages of learning.

Oh well... I'm going to keep going and trying!

This quilt reminds me that I can do it.

Love the uniqueness of this quilt.  AND I PICKED OUT ALL THE FABRICS MYSELF! OK if you're not a pink person you might not be too impressed but I'm not really a very creative person when it comes to color coordination (all my clothes are black, white and shades of grey... saves time when trying to match in the morning on the way to work - typically if I do add color it's black pants and a colored top.  I still don't know what matches with tan or dark blue pants...).

Can I tell you how easy this quilt was?  The pattern came from the book "Quilts without corners".  LOVE it.  I should probably try some other patterns in there because I was shocked it was actually a pretty decent circle.  You would think it would be harder to make a circle but apparently rectangles are more difficult for me.



Would of loved to do some free motion quilting but I have no idea how.... Need to take a class to learn my machine.  The wavy lines were my pitiful attempt while still doing regular quilting.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Your wavy quilting part made me laugh because I used to do all of my quilting the same way...with a presser foot...on my mom's 1970 Kenmore! Your quilting looks great though and it's totally legit to use any method that gets the job done. (Maybe even 2 legit 2 quit!)

    ReplyDelete